Monday, January 19, 2009

A Little Taste of Heaven

So I have been craving chocolate fondue for a while, but didn't want to attempt to make it in fear of it not coming out well. However, I found a recipe online that looked like I couldn't really mess it up and I wanted to try and add something to it to hopefully make it taste like the one fondue Josh and I had at the melting pot a while ago. So I gave it a try and we LOVED it. I think the recipe is for 4 people and Josh and I ate the entire thing, except for maybe a couple tablespoons (I think we left that just to feel a little better about eating so much of it). Needless to say we were extremely full but it was SO worth it.
If you want to taste something awesome, and maybe gain a couple pounds in the process... here ya go. It's so easy to... a fun thing to make when having company or going to a party and have to take something along.

White Chocolate Butterfinger Fondue:
1 entire bag of Ghirardelli Classic White Chips - I found these at walmart ( I think it equals about 2 1/4 cups)
3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 regular sized butterfinger bar (crushed up)

I put all of this in my crockpot on low for about and 1 hour and 15 mins and then kept it to warm for about 30 more minutes until we were ready to dive in! Once it starts to melt stir occasionaly. I put it in a really small crock pot.. if you only have a large one, put it in a smaller oven safe dish and put that dish inside your crock pot... you may just have to cook it longer. Just keep an eye on it.
Or if you have a fondue set you can do it in there obviously . :)
Enjoy! It is SO GOOD!
We liked dipping banana slices in it the best. But we also enjoyed the pineapple and strawberries too.

3 comments:

Matt Dunham said...

Chocolate Fondue is amazing. I can;t eat too much of it, but it is very good. I actually tend to enjoy dipping pound cake into the chocolate. Have a great week!

Christy said...

that sounds delish! I have your fondue set still here... the one I told you I was going to give you since we have never used it. I will pull it down and dust it off... then I'll send it up to you with two pairs of shoes for Abby... one is the pink crocks that lilly used to wear all the time... I put them in the wash for the second time and they shrunk soooo much! I am sure that Abby will be able to wear them soon. Then a cute red pair I found at Goodwill. they are a size 4... and I Think the crocks are also.
Love you,
christy

Missy said...

Oh my! This sounds soooo good! Something different as well. Thanks for sharing.